GBA Development teams up with Spects National
Since 2017, the GBA Development Program has selected tournaments based on what is best from both a team perspective and individual players. This would primarily be tournaments such as the Supers in Kansas City, ABC and MPL in Indianapolis, and the major St. Louis events. As the program continued to evolve over the last few years, GBA began capturing the attention of national programs and MLB scout teams from across the country. For GBA, the “national” label wasn’t the right fit for the brand or identity but the program knew there needed to be a true national avenue for players in the program.
In June 2022, GBA Development accepted the invite to join Spects National in which GBA would team up with 4 of the most well-respected and talented clubs in the region. These clubs include: Nebraska Prospects, Iowa Sticks, Arkansas Prospects, and Minnesota Icemen.
Update: Shortly after joining in June 2022, Spects National added KC Prime and Minnesota Expos as partner clubs.
Keys to Spects National
- To be eligible, players must be registered and play for a Club Partner in the upcoming season
- Club Partners are the exclusive representatives in their area; meaning other clubs in the area or close proximity will not be invited to join Spects National
- There will be a Spects National fee if a player is selected and accepts the invite to offered tournaments
- Rosters will be formed by high school graduation class
- Players may be invited to any of the scheduled tournaments but will not be guaranteed an invite to all
Benefits to Spects National
- An opportunity for players (14u-18u) to compete with top regional players in the country’s top national events
- Additional resources that share a same common goal when it comes to player development and college recruiting
- Additional opportunities for players to attend camps and showcase in front of some of the top college programs in the country
GBA / Spects National – Fall 2022
Class of 2023: Bryer Arview (Western Kentucky), Riley Iffrig (Indiana State), Kaden Griffitts (Heartland CC), Cole Funkhouser (Central Missouri)
Class of 2024: Logan Winkleman, Dalton Hosack
Class of 2025: Joe Chiarodo (Alabama), Richie Swain, Austin Musso, Connor Blue, Lucas Krebs, Jake Greer, Charlie Wortham, Tyler Powell, Will Downs, Gavin Moffitt, Drew Kleinheider
Class of 2026: Jake Brettschneider
Class of 2027: Michael Wolff
To learn more about Spects National, follow on twitter @SpectsBaseball